blank screen on laptop

SJ73 21:09 12 Aug 2007

hi hope someone can offer help. i have a philips laptop, it was working fine. i then turned it on and got a windows xp load up screen pop up then it goes blank. sounds like its running normal. and i put in the xp disc rebooted, could hear the disc go round but dont know if it loaded up as the screen stayed blank. i have also tried plugging in a monitor but same thing shows on that as well. it has anti virus and firewall etc and was fine the day before.

thank you for any help.
sally

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:05 12 Aug 2007

reboot and press F8 while booting can you get into safe mode?
If so
uninstall graphic driver and let XP reinstall it at next boot.

SJ73 14:14 13 Aug 2007

hi, i done that and yep it worked. however xp did not pick up and install the drivers. it also seems pc world didn't include driver disc for this laptop. when i got it the computer said i must make a back up disc which i did but even that doesn't work for these drivers. when i go into device manager i have the yellow question mark on video controller and video controller (vga compatable). i have done a search for these online but having no luck so again any more ideas would be fab.

many thanks for helping
sally

SJ73 19:45 13 Aug 2007

hi got the laptop working. got the drivers from intel website. many thanks for the help. am very greatful.

sally

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?