Blank screen on HP laptop

Analyst02 21:53 21 Dec 2009

Hi folks...

A problem that started yesterday and now cant remedy.

Its a HP G6000, running Windows Vista and it's out of warranty.

The machine boots up fine via the external vga. Infact I'm using the laptop to write this post, so as you can see it's working fine, except that the image wont display onto the laptops LCD panel.

The whole system was tested using PC Check. no errors reported.
I updated the bios with no improvement but then updated the graphics card drivers and whoopie .. the LCD came to life. I used it for about an hour .. rebooting it a few times.
However - when I turned it off and left it for 5 minutes and then powered it up again - the dreaded blank screen came back again and this time - even after uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them, the LCD panel is still blank, but once again works fine on ext vga.

Has anyone come across this before and got any suggestions?

regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:01 21 Dec 2009

Shine a light across the screen, can you see a faint image?

If so inverter or back light failed.

Also worth checking resolution and refresh rates are not too high for the lcd screen.

Analyst02 22:29 21 Dec 2009

Hi Fruit Bat.

Have just rechecked the monitor for a vaint image after I checked it earlier on today. Cant see anything at all, just the green colour of the panel itself.

Have checked the resolution and the refresh rate - all ok for the LCD panel model.

There was a forum post somewhere on the www that i read where that on HP machines it seems to be an issue. The remedy that cured alot was to discharge the laptop fully of power by holding the power button off for 30 seconds then reboot and in alot of cases it brought the screen back to life - sadly not this one.

birdface 09:35 22 Dec 2009

Maybe check with HP they were recalling a lot of laptops your model number could be worth checking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?