Blank Icon on Desktop - Win 7

Triggers 11:15 05 Feb 2010

I have recently upgraded to Win 7 from XP. I have an old DOS program which I have got to work OK on Win 7 and created a desktop icon to start the program. The icon is 'blank' folder outline. Under 'Properties', 'General' the icon is 'blank'. Under 'Properties', 'Program', 'Change Icon' & 'Browse' I was able to change the icon to a suitable one (as used in XP), and this now shows as the changed/required icon. However, on returning to the 'General' page, the icon has not changed and remains 'blank'.
Is there any way to 'force' the icon to change to the one I would like that shows under the 'Program' page?
Thanks.

Triggers 10:57 11 Feb 2010

I have recently upgraded to Win 7 from XP. I have an old DOS program which I have got to work OK on Win 7 and created a desktop icon to start the program. The icon is a 'blank' folder outline. Under 'Properties', 'General' the icon is 'blank'. Under 'Properties', 'Program', 'Change Icon' & 'Browse' I was able to change the icon to a suitable one (as used in XP), and this now shows as the changed/required icon, but ONLY on the 'Properties' page. When returning to the 'General' page, the icon does not change and remains 'blank'.
Is there any way to 'force' the icon to change to the one I would like that shows under the 'Program' page?
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?