Blank Canvas

marcsozzie 20:21 26 Mar 2006

Hi
I have now sent back damaged mobo package and now seek a poll of views, i need to upgrade motherboard and cpu, realise that sli, pci-e is the way forward, prefer AMD chip 3000+, what is best motherboard to buy and is there one which can use existing grphics card on Sapphire radeon pro 9800 and then upgrade in time. I have no brand allegiance but have just returned a Asus board/psu/amd chip/ as kept restarting ad hoc. Budget is 100/140 as advised that thus is most need to psend and this fits my pocket !!!!1

ade.h 20:31 26 Mar 2006

I've tried quite a few brands over the years. Had the best time with Gigabyte boards, which I love for their neat features, great layout (very important) and best of all, the backup BIOS, which may well save your bacon at some point.

But, I'm an Intel user, so I have only used Gigabyte's Intel boards. For AMD, the upper-end ASUS boards are usually very well liked, but given that you may be less than keen on them, perhaps Abit is worth a look. That would be my second choice next to Gigabyte.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?