blackberry ad

johnnyrocker 19:54 28 Apr 2010

from time to time the ad appears with an instruction at top "click here to close ad" that is ok but i find when i do this i am left with a black screen and the word done at bottom left, only cure is to refresh the page, is it me or do others have same prob? XP pro sp3 etc

johnny

I have same prob. I fixed it by download foof from the Firefox add-on gallery. O rif you use IE download IE7 Pro and then enable Ad Blocker.

johnnyrocker 20:25 28 Apr 2010

thanks for the info

johnny

Woolwell 20:49 28 Apr 2010

It is the same old problem with the Blackberry ad. I find that it rots up the My Posting link which gives me Blackberry/Vodaphone page without the links to get anywhere else.

orienne21 21:22 28 Apr 2010

I can just about put up with it when I first log into the forums but it pops up again and again when I change forums.For example I started off in speakers corner and had to see Blackberry add before looking at any posts...now in helproom,the same thing, I have to endure Blackberry ad again!!!!Quite frankly this will put me off visiting the forums unless it is changed.

Seth Haniel 08:09 29 Apr 2010

that something would hsave been learnt fron the last debacle with it...

Someone yellow envelope me when it has gone :(

birdface 08:13 29 Apr 2010

A nice little ad-blocker if you don't want to use IE7Pro.

click here

johnnyrocker 10:10 29 Apr 2010

my thanks for that tip buteman i have installed it and will advise in due course

johnny

johnnyrocker 20:21 29 Apr 2010

it is a lot better since following butemans link, but when the ad appears and is clicked etc i am now left with a blank message screen which i not resolved until refresh is used.

johnny

birdface 08:20 30 Apr 2010

Try this Host file.

click here

There is usually an update for it about every 6 weeks.

johnnyrocker 11:57 30 Apr 2010

i have this on board anyway but not sure how to use it?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Musique en streaming : Spotify vs Deezer