Black screen and horrible noise from speakers

scottyhere 12:36 14 Sep 2010

I've bought a Dell Inspiron 1564, never again shall I get anything from Dell, just a few months ago and very often my laptop will crash showing a black screen and horrible noise will come out the speakers. I have rang Dell and they were a total waste of time. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong with my laptop or even a way to fix it I would most grateful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:44 14 Sep 2010

I assume you had some program running that was using the speakers when it froze.

It sounds as if it freezing up
FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

VOT Productions 21:53 14 Sep 2010

What does the noise sound like?

VOT Productions 21:53 14 Sep 2010

What does the noise sound like?

scottyhere 11:51 15 Sep 2010

umm its hard to explain but it hurts my ears. its very high pitch wind. sorry its not easy to explain

Woolwell 12:03 15 Sep 2010

Are you sure that is coming from the speakers and is not an internal component like the fan?

scottyhere 12:20 15 Sep 2010

when my laptop is muted the screen will go black and no sound will come out of the speakers, but if the speakers are on then the same happens but with a horrible sound coming out the speakers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?