BLACK SCREEN

OASTS 13:31 25 Apr 2007

HI CAN ANYONE HELP HAVE NOT HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE

MY 14IN SCREEN GOES BLACK, EVERY NOW AND THEN, DONT

KNOW WHY ITS HAPPENING BUT WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE SLIGHTEST OF MOVES FROM MOUSE TURNS THE SCREEN BACK TO NORMAL SCREEN VIEWS.

JUST BOUGHT A NEW MOUSE AS I WAS THINKING IT WAS A SHORT IN THE USB CABLE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS, WILL BE APPRECIATED

OASTS

Arthur Scrimshaw 14:29 25 Apr 2007

Sounds like the screen is going onto standby after a period of inactivity. To check the settings, right click on your desktop screen, select properties from the box which appears, then select the screensaver tab on the next box, then click on the "power" button which should bring up the power options properties. Check the turn off monitor setting.

Kate B 14:40 25 Apr 2007

Please don't post in block capitals - it's considered shouting ;-)

wee eddie 14:53 25 Apr 2007

known as "Blank" I used to use it at work because, at a cursory glance, it looks as if the PC is turned off.

OASTS 21:42 25 Apr 2007

hello to everyone who posted to this issue today, was most happy with the results you all came up with
happy to say tried all of them and some how had two screen savers running, the black screen saver was the dominant one, however it did not have the windows icon oon it just a black screen, well changed setting
and all seems fine as it has not appeared yet after running laptop for one hour.

to katie b sorry for the block capitals was rushing and did not notice the caps lock on.

thank you all to wee eddie and arthur scrimshaw.

wee eddie 22:09 25 Apr 2007

Why do you imagine a blank screen should have a windows Logo on it?

You can only enable 1 Screen saver at a time.

OASTS 23:35 25 Apr 2007

dear wee Eddie i wish i was imagining this black screen

one of the respondents thought it was a screen saver as did i and the only one with a black screen i have
has a windows logo in it.

my problem still exists as it is happening now, am i looking in the right place for the answere ,if you say only one i used, then this is not the problem, and it may well be the laptop is going into standby, but not shutting down, this is very annoying when trying to write a lot of text or playing games which i do a lot of the time, thank you for taking time out, to help
oasts

wee eddie 23:43 25 Apr 2007

Control Panel > Display > Screen Saver > De-select "Blank" > Select "None".

and the problem should disappear.

OASTS 03:08 26 Apr 2007

dear wee eddie

have made adjustments you suggest, did not find de select blank.

but found select none maybe this will help, thanks ever so much for all you help and will run the laptop until im sure your recommendation worked.

good night and once again many thanks

oasts

wee eddie 08:24 26 Apr 2007

If that was the problem, always a bit of a guess, then that should solve it.

wee eddie 08:32 26 Apr 2007

at 9.30pm yesterday. As you say you might have enabled the Energy Saving features to cut in very fast.

There are 2 checks to make>

Control Panel > Display > Screen Saver > Monitor Options

Control Panel > Power Options > have a look at all the settings there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?