Black desktop

norled 19:12 20 Feb 2008

Hi,
I'm posting to ask about a BIG problem I've got. My pc boots fine and I can log on fine but when I'm logged on I can see nothing only a black blank screen but Internet Explorer automaticaly turns on (with no conection till I press homepage and it works fine) I tried safe mode but the same a black blank screen. I used task manger=>new task.... to get my cleaners up and I deleted all the!""£$%in my computer then I restated no difference. So It's defenitly NOT a virus,spyare or any other!"££$.So IM at point melt down.

I tried using this guide but it was no help (tried it but made no diference to my pc)

norled 19:20 20 Feb 2008

I tried using this guide but it was no help (tried it but made no diference to my pc)

click here

norled 19:20 20 Feb 2008

click here

mrwoowoo 19:30 20 Feb 2008

Don't take this the wrong way,but a non genuine copy of vista will give a black screen and limited functionality after an hours browsing.
If not the case...
Do you only get a black screen when going on the net.
Do you mean a black screen when logged in to your pc or the internet,or both?
Do you have all your desktop items and desktop background displaying ok or is this blacked out as well?
Sorry about all the questions but it's not very clear what your problem is.

anskyber 19:32 20 Feb 2008

This thread also in Vista Forum.

norled 19:35 20 Feb 2008

Do you only get a black screen when going on the net.
My internet is fine.

Do you mean a black screen when logged in to your pc or the internet,or both?
only when im logged in to my PC

Do you have all your desktop items and desktop background displaying ok or is this blacked out as well?
All of my desktop items and desktop background is blacked out.

anskyber 19:40 20 Feb 2008

Please close one of your threads, it makes it hard for people to help you.

mrwoowoo 19:42 20 Feb 2008

What happens if you right click a space on your desktop > personalize and choose a different background?
Or if you change the theme or windows colour and appearences.(as there is a black option in this last one)

norled 19:56 20 Feb 2008

if you right click a space on on my desktop nothing happens.

How do I close my other thread?

norled 20:09 20 Feb 2008

This is what my desktop looks like click here

mrwoowoo 20:33 20 Feb 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?