BJCFD, Delete or Keep

birdface 19:42 15 Nov 2006

Hi Often wondered what it done, I have it on my computer, Is it safe to delete it, Or better keeping it,Short for BroadJump/Client Foundation.

Iron Maiden 19:48 15 Nov 2006

Ok to get rid of

click here

birdface 20:11 15 Nov 2006

Thanks for that,It did say that it was not a threat,Just been to another site, click here that recomends not to delete it,My problem is that i dont know what programs might be affected If I delete it,It is in my firewall , in Add remove,I just wondered what it done.

birdface 20:17 15 Nov 2006

Cancel that click here, Must have got the wrong one.

Iron Maiden 20:49 15 Nov 2006

You may want to read this

click here

birdface 22:37 15 Nov 2006

Thanks once again, My problem again,It said it is used by cable companies, I am with NTL,If I get rid of it , Will NTL still work ,I have looked in more locations tonight,Problem is some say keep it, Others say Delete it,Think I will sit on the fence for 24 hours,In fact If i can find the Ntl Forum Again, I will ask in there.

birdface 09:42 16 Nov 2006

Hi, Anybody tell me if this is just an NTL Add on or not,Posted it at the NTL website last night, And nothing came back yet,Anybody Have NTL And doesn't Have This on there computer, Let me know and I will delete it,

skidzy 09:53 16 Nov 2006

Hi Buteman,hope your ok.
Lets see what we can find for you then.

click here

Once deleted,may be a good idea to have Scotty on patrol,i swear by this program and find it very reliable,this will stop most things from loading in your startup without asking your first.

WinPatrol 10 free click here

birdface 10:29 16 Nov 2006

Hi, Here I am trying to get rid of programs, And you are giving me more, Had a good look at it,A Lot of what it does, I can pick up with Comodo Firewall,Or windows Defender,Mind you got rid of Ewido last night, So I suppose there is room for another one,Do you have the free one , Or the paid version,Looks a good program and will probably download it later,Thanks for your advice,

skidzy 10:41 16 Nov 2006

I have used the freebie for years now,and find it exceptional good.All my systems have this running.

Though i cannot comment on Comodo,i use Zonealarm to good effect and get the odd warning but i must admit...everytime i install something to my startup,Scotty is there warning me,something that Zonealarm does not do all the time.

Why would you want to rid Ewido from your system ? Ewido is good or as its known now AVGAS.

birdface 11:02 16 Nov 2006

Have to many spyware programs on computer,Still have A Squared, Windows Defender And Spyware Doctor, Oops and Xoftspy, You could say i was a bit over the top,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?