BJC 3000

DOOD34 17:34 01 Apr 2006

I appreciate this is an old printer but it has run perfectly ok until this moning. It made a bit of a grinding noise and now I am getting an error code of alternate green/orange flashing light four times which means wrong start position for head. Apparently it's not user serviceable but I'm not stupid enough to get an engineer to look at it so I wondered if anyone had come across this and knew how to fix it?

Help help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Editor 18:17 01 Apr 2006

was probably the head transport mechanism failing.

I realise that you're probably attached to the printer, but frankly you can get something far better for around £60 now, and maybe it's time to move on?

Stuartli 18:39 01 Apr 2006

You could see if you just might be able to something with your printer at:

click here

But, as the FE states, new models are not expensive and provide remarkable results.

DOOD34 23:02 01 Apr 2006

Thanks chaps.

keef66 13:10 03 Apr 2006

We had a BJC3000 for several years and it too suddenly stopped working. (no mechanical noises, nor any useful error codes from the lights) I wasted hours taking it apart and trying various fixes I read about on the fixyourownprinter site, and covered myself in ink while rinsing out the waste ink reservoir, all to no avail.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and buy a new printer.
Even the cheapest are many times better than the BJC3000, and for £60-80 you get a pretty sophisticated machine these days. I bought a Canon Pixma ip3000 which prints amazing quality, double sided, direct to cd, pretty good photographs, and takes compatible inks.

(this last point is becoming a problem with the latest generation of printers from most manufacturers, canon included; they increasingly use chipped cartridges so compatibles won't work)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?