Bizzare Broadband

21stCenturyTramp 03:53 16 Sep 2005

Hi everyone I have a problem and you will save my sanity if you can help me towards a solution:-

I have a 8mb dial up broadband connection via Bulldog but i only get download speeds of 100kb/sec on my main computer. I also have a home networked pc that I use for gaming but the networked pc seems to be getting full speed and can download at over 700kb/sec on average. I have spoken with Bulldog customer service on serveral occasions over the last few months regarding the issue but there doesn't actually seem to be a technical department (just a never ending list of phone numbers and e-mails that never get a reply) so thought I'd ask the professionals. If anybody could at least get me looking in the right direction of my problem I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Deyne

AndySD 05:09 16 Sep 2005

How are the PC's connected to the network ?
A Router or is one pc connected to the one connected to the internet.

Is the connection wired or wireless?

If you are using a router what is the make/model?

What operating systems are you using?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 06:02 16 Sep 2005

maybe you should have a read of this click here

21stCenturyTramp 10:24 16 Sep 2005

I am using a dial up speed touch ADSL modem which is connected via USB to the main pc. The pc on my local area connection is connected via wireless D-Links and uses the shared internet connection. I have tried setting up the internet and network connections many times but the result is the same.

Well that article has certainly convinced me to change provider once the 12 months is over - thought it was impossible for anyone to beat Bt's poor customer service but Bulldog seem to be going for gold in that respect.

21stCenturyTramp 10:31 16 Sep 2005

The opertaing system is XP pro on both pc's and I have norton internet security 2005 on both pc's also but turning this off doesn't affect the result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?