Bittorrent

Hendrikus 18:42 05 Mar 2010

I have recently bought an ereader and want to download free books using Bittorrent as the client. Does anyone know a trusted safe site where I can get the books?

Also, if I had an old computer would it be best to install on this old computer as I understood that there's a risk of trojans and soyware etc.

Or should I stay clear from these sites alltogether?

Hendrikus 20:38 05 Mar 2010

Anyone an idea where I can download Ebooks safely?

lotvic 21:17 05 Mar 2010

If you use a BitTorrent your computer will become part of this:
"Seeds and Leechers for each Torrent. A Seed is a user who has the whole file and is sharing it. A Leecher is someone who, like you, is in the process of downloading the file. So you’ll want to pick a version of the file that has lots of Seeds and Leechers, so that the download is faster"

--------------------
You will download files from others pc's and they will download from yours. In essence you share files.

Most BitTorrents are illegal as no one pays for the films music or books downloaded. They are mostly pirated copies.

Forum Rules rule out helping with pirate stuff so that is prob why you've not had replies.

OTT_B 21:17 05 Mar 2010

As far as I'm concerned one torrent is as dangerous as another, although many millions of people still use them.

If you do go down that route and have an old PC available then it's a good dea to use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017