BitTorent Downloading Speed

sunrunner 16:18 18 Feb 2007

Having read the article in the lastest issue of PC ADVISOR about BitTorrent I thought I would like to see what it is sall about. Upon trying to download something it seems very slow at only 1KB/s. I have a 2.5mb/s connection. Is this normal and if so why does anyone bother. I am downloading a JPEG which it says will take 19 hours????? Any comments?????

octal 16:25 18 Feb 2007

It depends on how many other peers and seeds are connected who also have the file on their computers. It should tell you that information in the download section of the site. The more peers, the faster the download.

sunrunner 16:31 18 Feb 2007

At the time of posting it says 1 peer and 2 seeds. Speed has dropped further to 21 days remaining for a 768kb JPEG. Makes RAPIDSHARE and the like look phenominal. LOL

SLAYER 16:32 18 Feb 2007

Have a look here and post if you want,there are ways to speed up things.This place helped alot.

click here

stephen0205 16:32 18 Feb 2007

use utorrent and go to settings and turn on the overdrive, u will get kick ass speeds, also you can open the port that u r downloading throught, i recomend using a firewall like mcafee for this and good antivirus and antispammware software, u will get very gd speeds but if u dont protect u r connection u will f*** u r pc, also downloading torrents is ellagle ( my spelling sucks ) l8r

stephen0205 16:33 18 Feb 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?