bios update

menorcarob2 11:39 30 Jun 2005

hi i have a toshiba MB dont know the model but the bios details that i have are award modular V6.00PG MR825 BIOS VER 1.08-1 other numbers are W83627HF and MR82513C-00, i have looked everywhere and have found people looking for the same solution as me but i cannot find an answer, could somebody help as my daughters computer which has win ME keeps stopping and doing all kinds of weard things i bought win xp and tried to install that but it will not complete it says that i need some devices need updating and all i get is a blue screen.

thanks

TomJerry 11:48 30 Jun 2005

bios upgade is a "risk" task, so only use manufacturer's official bios upgrade. If you cannot get official one from manufactur's web site, forget about upgrade.

It maynot be bios problem, use original XP (not XP with SP2) will give you better luck

have you test memory use memtest86 and checked HDD use manufatcurer's diagnostic software

menorcarob2 12:08 30 Jun 2005

tried to do test cannot get pc to do alot, feel sure that the bios is so old it is unstable with os, the board is a toshiba but it does not ell me the name or model

gudgulf 12:30 30 Jun 2005

Can you give us as much information as possible both about the computers specification and the type of problems it has?

Completealias 12:36 30 Jun 2005

Download everest click here
this will tell you your motherboard make installed memory etc you should then go to the manufacturers website and download the bios ugrade from there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?