bios update to 1.8 xfx 8200

danbaxter 22:30 20 Apr 2015

i have the xfx MIA78S8209 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard its an old board but it needs bios update from version 1.0 to 1.8 i have the bios file from:click here extracting the winrar file it becomes an iso ive made bootable usb msdos drive and placed the iso there but when trying to update in dos via awdflash it doesnt recognise this file as a bios update ive tried mounting this iso to get the bios file but nothing shows when mounting so im a bit stuck how do i get the files from this iso image ive tried poweriso,virual clone drive but nothin..

when

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 20 Apr 2015

will the machine boot from USB?

if so set BIOS to boot from USB as first boot device and save and exit.

power up with USB in a port and it should load just follow the prompts to flash the BIOS if it doesn't do it automatically.

IF won't boot from USB the burn the ISO file to a CD and boot from the CD drive.

danbaxter 00:16 21 Apr 2015

it does boot from usb, i can get the the awdflash exe but then the supposedly update for this board:click here shows in the file dir, but seems to be a problem with the file as it will not begin to update the bios. Ive downloaded it looks to be a winrar file extracted it then it seems to be a iso file so ive tried to mount it burn it but theres nothing inside the iso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?