BIOS Post Messages

AlanHo 06:21 31 May 2010

I have a sneaky feeling this is a dumb question - but I will ask it anyway.

When I boot my computer I get an initial message that says "Press Tab to see Post messages" or something similar.

If I press Tab the post messages become visible - but race down the screen too fast for me to read them.

Is there a way to either slow it down - or even better - be able to see them one page after another?

Mobo ASUS P5QL-E
CPU Intel Q9650

gazzaho 06:35 31 May 2010

The pause break key above the page up page down keys on a keyboard used to pause DOS screens, I don't know if it will do what you want but you could give it a try.

martjc 10:03 31 May 2010

...but you'll have to have a quick finger! press the break key to stop the scroll - any key to restart it. As far as I know, there is no way to slow the scroll. One of the silly things about computers! The messages cannot be paged.

martjc 10:03 31 May 2010

...but you'll have to have a quick finger! press the break key to stop the scroll - any key to restart it. As far as I know, there is no way to slow the scroll. One of the silly things about computers! The messages cannot be paged.

AlanHo 10:05 31 May 2010

Thanks guys - I gave it a go and it does work. As you say - you need lightning reflexes though.

Will now mark this thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017