Bios-how to check which version?

holly polly 21:02 28 Aug 2003

Hi installing new hard drive and would like to know if my bios is up to date and supports a hdd of 80 gig my mobo is a gigabyte ga-7ixe i have been to their site and downloaded v7 of the bios this says it supports hdd of 75 gig ,is that upto or over 75 gig ?as i was thinking of getting a 80 gig hd ,also how do i check what version of bios is installed i have aidia32 installed on my system -will it tell me there, or do i have to look on boot up?-cheers -hol pol...

krypt1c 21:42 28 Aug 2003

You can get the info from aida32. First ensure you're displaying all the options. Launch aida32 then file > preferences > summary then click select all then ok. Then seelct computer > dmi > bios and you should see the version there

holly polly 21:51 28 Aug 2003

Abig thankyou for that krptic i have version 62710 installed and i think it would be beneficial to flash the version 7 ,just an idea is this a procedure you've done yourself krptic ,and if so any probs encounted-cheers hol pol...

krypt1c 00:31 29 Aug 2003

Glad I could help. Sorry can't help on how to do it. Never had the need. Suggest you start a new thread and someone will be able to advise. Good luck - K ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie