Bios Error

gold 47 15:31 07 Oct 2004

Testing an old Brio 410 computer works fine i thought till i put the the HP recovery disk in an ran the diagnostic tool there is one long bleep
and an error showing ASPBIOS unable to find any
AIC-78XX/AIC-75XX haven't a clue what this is all about on reboot computer works fine.
Any good IT people out there??

PsiFox 15:43 07 Oct 2004

One long bleep generally, but not always signifies a problem with either the motherboard or system memory.Try changing the RAM.

AIC-78XX/AIC-75XX These refer to adaptec SCSI cards althought the second part refers to a parallel device that is detected as a SCSI device such as a scanner.

I would suggest you clear the bios on the PC by unplugging from the mains completely and then either using motherboard jumpers or removing the bios battery for a while.

Also if you have any extraneous cards inside the pc,that were added after the pc was originally put together, remove them and add back after the basic reinstall.

Additionally if the restore disk does not utilise an hidden partition on the HDD and just takes all data from the CD consider running Fdisk and format the HDD.

PsiFox

gold 47 18:53 07 Oct 2004

Many thanks for your reply.

gold 47 18:53 07 Oct 2004

Many thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017