BIOS

tootall4wsu 00:38 26 Oct 2006

I just bought a built comp on ebay from a pc building company. I plugged it in and hooked the monitor without keyboard or mouse. Turned on the comp and the bios didn't show. I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem or knows how to fix it. My mainboard is VIA PM800. Thanks!

Gongoozler 08:01 26 Oct 2006

BIOS didn't show - does anything at all appear on the screen?

Gongoozler 08:13 26 Oct 2006

Also - is there an POST beep at startup?

tootall4wsu 13:36 26 Oct 2006

yeah there was a post beep and nothing shows on the screen besides the monitor saying "No Signal." I think it may be because i didn't have the keyboard plugged in

Gongoozler 08:11 27 Oct 2006

tootall4wsu, have you tried with a keyboard yet?
I don't think that a lack of keyboard would result in no signal to the monitor.

Terry Brown 08:24 27 Oct 2006

You got a message saying NO SIGNAL !, First check must be the graphics card . Turn off the system, unplug the card and re-seat it.

Terry Brown 08:25 27 Oct 2006

You got a message saying NO SIGNAL !, First check must be the graphics card . Turn off the system, unplug the card and re-seat it.

Gongoozler 14:53 30 Oct 2006

NO SIGNAL. Could be graphics card or cable - but it could be that the computer isn't even trying to boot. I would expect after a POST beep at least to get some black and white text on the screen. A faulty graphics card shouldn't prevent some kind of activity taking place. We really need some more information from tootall4wsu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache