bio hazard sign virus threat

anderson1967 18:23 20 Nov 2007

my son managed to get a virus from the internet as i said it has a bio hazard sign which has taken over his desktop and wont allow him to access pages from the internet unless he buys there software.I know what you will be thinking does he not have virus software but the answer is yes he does and i dont know why this did not take care of it the software he has is mcafee. What i need is hopefully software i wont have to pay for that will get rid of this as we are all currently unemployed and dont have the cash untill the end of the month to buy a new virus software.

VoG II 18:26 20 Nov 2007

Can you give the name of the software that it is trying to make him buy.

anderson1967 18:33 20 Nov 2007

its called storage guardsoft the site its directing me to is sec.storageguardsoft.com
hope this helps

VoG II 18:40 20 Nov 2007

Try running SmitFraudFix click here followed by a-squared click here

mfletch 18:45 20 Nov 2007

Also just in case your son has installed {by accident}

Have a look in ADD or REMOVE Programs,

If it is listed remove it,

mfletch

birdface 19:40 20 Nov 2007

If it is starting on quick start go into Start,Run, Type in msconfig and if you see it in startup un-tick it.Apply Ok.When computer reboots tick the little square.Ok That would stop it temporary until you get it fixed.

anderson1967 20:47 20 Nov 2007

smitfraud is not working when i try to use it the computer switches itself off im going to put on the a2 now and also tried add remove nothing in there and msconfig nothing ticked there as i have selective startup.

VoG II 20:49 20 Nov 2007

Try SmitFraudFix again but first restart the PC in Safe Mode click here

anderson1967 21:49 20 Nov 2007

smitfraud seems to have done the trick thanks to all that helped me out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?