BIN+CUE files not burning as a multimedia CD/DVD?

buel 20:19 13 Jun 2010

Hi, i have downloaded what i thought was a multimedia CD/DVD but was downloaded as two files- one 586mb bin file and a 79 byte CUE file. I looked on the internet as to what to do with these files and seen that an image burning program would burn it, i used imgburn and it burnt it to a DVD...however, all that happens when i put this DVD into my laptop is that i see lots of folder containing video files! Has anyone got any advice for me please? Have i used the wrong program to burn the original files to make, what i thought was, a multimedia CD/DVD?

gengiscant 09:05 14 Jun 2010

A bin/cue set is intended for burning to a CD not DVD.
Use vcd gear to extract bin to mpeg
click here
then use any mpeg to dvd converter youu like.

buel 15:56 15 Jun 2010

hey thanks for the answer but that doesn't enable it to be burned as a multimedia cd though does it?

buel 08:14 17 Jun 2010

hey thanks for the answer but that doesn't enable it to be burned as a multimedia cd though does it?

gengiscant 08:29 17 Jun 2010

Not sure what you mean by multimedia cd, could you enlighten me?

buel 17:50 19 Jun 2010

Ok, i mean a cd that instantly loads and has a menu to choose from, not just a bunch of folders which is what i have currently! Does this make sense please?

gengiscant 07:28 20 Jun 2010

Might be something here:click here

sharpamat 07:57 20 Jun 2010

I Have always used nero for this, put your empty disk in open the cue file and job is done

Atlantic Man 10:45 20 Jun 2010

First you need to load those files in a program like daemon-tools or alcohol- then extract it to any specified folder.
After that you need to download DVD-maker or if using WIN7 you can use the DVD-suite, to make it into a DVD- with a menu and stuff, after that you burn your end-result to a VCD\SVCD disk, which will enable the disk to be like an original DVD.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone