Binatone ADSL 2000 Modem/Router - Replacement?

GibsonSt19 12:41 03 Feb 2004

Hi people,

Bought one of the above from Argos about 6 months ago and all was well with BToW, however I recently migrated to zen and no matter how many times I configured the thing, it still wouldn't let me connect to Zen. I called Binatone, spoke to a helpful gentleman who advised me that I'd need to upgrade my firmware. He gave me the direct links to the download files and I followed the simple instructions (I have updraded kit before).

Now all of a sudden, it looks as though the flash went wrong, and the USB light is blinking on the Modem/Router. I called Binatone again, spoke to same guy who said that flash must have failed and that Argos (where I bought it from) would replace it with no hesitation. Now, I have no box, and I can't for the life of me find the receipt. Surely Argos won't take it back.

How do I go about getting a replacement?

Many thanks

smegs 12:44 03 Feb 2004

I think they would if you paid for it with credit card. All you will need to do is, find your credit card receipt.

GibsonSt19 15:16 03 Feb 2004

Paid with Switch, don't have any credit cards :(

Any ideas?

smegs 16:16 03 Feb 2004

Switch, you should a receipt for that. What about going to the bank and asking for a Statement going back 6-8months. Thats just to see if Argos is on there.

smegs 16:18 03 Feb 2004

Have U got on line banking? If U have, U should be able to check that way.

GibsonSt19 16:18 03 Feb 2004

With HSBC

smegs 22:34 03 Feb 2004

Can't help you then GibsonSt19, SORRY.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone