bin. files

Gigs 20:58 24 May 2007

I use Orange as my ISP and have the 8MB broadband service. I have been getting 5.7MB or so download speeds for some time and have been happy with that.
In the last few days this has dropped dramatically to something like 570KBPS and sometimes less.
I use a Belkin modem/router and realised my firmware was way out of date. I have downloaded the latest version but when I try to open the file it tuns out to be a bin. file. Windows cannot open it.
Can anyone tell me please how to open this file and install the update?
Has anyone else experienced Orange slowdown?

Technotiger 21:14 24 May 2007

Sorry I can't answer you question, but this is from the PCA Archives - click here

Technotiger 21:15 24 May 2007

Hmm, that did not come up as expected - however if you type "Orange Problems" without the quotes into the Search pane above, you will see many Orange Threads ...

skidzy 21:23 24 May 2007

" try to open the file it tuns out to be a bin. file ".

If you have Nero or similar,burn to disc as an iso file,then boot from the disc.

Or click here

Gigs 21:46 24 May 2007

skidsy
Thanks for that. I do have nero so will try that. Can't get your link to open I'm afraid.

skidzy 21:51 24 May 2007

click here tech-recipes.com/rx/696/how_use_open_bin_cue_iso_files

just place the dot back www

or use Firefox click here far better browser than IE in my opinion.

skidzy 21:52 24 May 2007

Try again
tech-recipes.com/rx/696/how_use_open_bin_cue_iso_files

just place the w w w . in front

Dipso 21:59 24 May 2007

Usually upgrading router firmware involves downloading a file and then going into the routers interface and running the upgrade wizard. You shouldn't have to go to the trouble of burning an ISO.

FWIW I don't think your router is the problem. I have responded to the other Orange post you contributed to.

Dipso 22:15 24 May 2007

I realise this may not be the same router as yours but it should be a similar procedure. It shows the firmware upgrade link in the web interface click here

HTH

noobtype 23:16 24 May 2007

It's not our routers - it's that lameass company for sure

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?