bigger print

kaycee1524 06:01 26 Nov 2010

hi! i am a silver serfer who is struggling to see the tex. is there anyway to make the tex bigger perminant.my resolution is set at 1280. 720.thanks!

birdface 07:05 26 Nov 2010

If using Internet Explorer go to View on the toolbar and click on text size.
Set it to Large or Largest.

mooly 07:36 26 Nov 2010

What is the is the operating system ? Vista, W7, XP

You MUST keep the resolution at what ever is the native resolution for your display. If you don't text will never be pin sharp.
To make text bigger you need to alter the DPI or dots per inch setting.
click here

This alter the text size on the whole PC.
Also follow butemans advice to customer internet explorer.

QuizMan 09:19 26 Nov 2010

Good advice from buteman and mooly. My own preference for adjustment is to hold down the control (Ctrl) key and roll the mouse wheel (if you have one) forwards or backwards. Forwards makes text and graphics bigger and backwards makes them smaller.

KremmenUK 10:57 26 Nov 2010

Hold down the CTRL key and roll the mouse wheel

hastelloy 11:23 26 Nov 2010

If you're using Windows 7, go to Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation and under Display you can increase the text size. Under Personalisation you can change the background colour which can help with reading. Under Ease of Access Centre you can click on Accommodate Low Vision and this gives a number of options to increase sizes and add speech. If you click on Turn High Contrast on or off and scroll down, there are a number of options at the bottom which are worth a try.

If on XP there are similar options - don't know about Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?