BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC Problems

Henley6 10:48 22 Jan 2006

One of my friends (with the help of another friend) updated his graphics about 2 months ago and has since then been having intermitent problems.

There are two problems which I assume are related:

1. At times when booting up he receives a series of beeps (8 - a pause - 2 more - another pause and then 1) after which it starts normally. His motherboard manual (he has an MSI G52-M6712X1)does not have the details of what this means.

2. On other occasions he finds that a small area at the top of the screen becomes "scrunched up".

He assures me that the old drivers for the previous card were removed, the latest driver is installed and the card and leads, both internal and external are securely plugged in.

He has taken the machine to a repair man to see if they could sort it out but, like the rattle in a car, neither problem would appear whilst they had it.

Has anyone any ideas of what to try next please?

Thank you in advance.

howard63 20:21 22 Jan 2006

I would remove the card and boot without a graphics card in. You will get the beeps - then put the card back in and make sure it is well seated. With luck all will then be well. If not look at the display settings and see if the wrong adaptor is specified or wrong refresh rate is loading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?