Better than Norton

anzac 19:16 27 Jul 2006

Can anyone suggest a better product than Norton systemworks I am having so much trouble with the programme and also problems with subscriptions I want to change as soon as possible any suggestions very welcome.
Hopeful.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:27 27 Jul 2006

AVG or Avast for your AV, Ccleaner click here and Regseeeker click here for cleaning all the temp files and registry. All free and all better (IMHO) than Norton.

G

Totally-braindead 19:28 27 Jul 2006

It depends what you want. I use free software which tends to be individual programs not an all in one solution if that is what you looking for.
What I use is AVG anti virus, Zone Alarm Free firewall and CCleaner to get rid of bits and pieces left behind by other programs plus 2 free ad programs. I don't have a problem.

jimmer409® 19:40 27 Jul 2006

ditto to totally, use avg free, windows own firewall, ad-aware, spybot. three plus years now never a problem

Gongoozler 19:41 27 Jul 2006

I would add to the above an occasional free online scan with Ewido click here

rdave13 19:45 27 Jul 2006

And spywareblaster and c. w. shredder. Both free. If you decide to get rid of Norton let us know how you get on.

jimmer409® 19:48 27 Jul 2006

might add to get totally rid of norton is a major pain. suggest, you review thier site on the proper method to remove.

VoG II 19:49 27 Jul 2006

Removing Norton click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?