Best wireless ADSL router for under £75?

googley_1 23:36 21 Nov 2009

Hello,
I am looking to buy a new router. I recently bought the lynksis wag160n, but it simply isn't providing a strong enough signal.

As you can probably gather from my previous choice, I am looking for a wireless n router with 300mbp/s, with dual antennas and MIMO technology, and most importantly ADSL 2+ (I'm with BT Broadband).

I have now given back the wag160n as I have realised that perhaps what is a really good idea is to get a router with the same specification, but with detachable antennas, so that I can buy additional long range antennas to attach instead.
I have been looking at this router as it seems to have the same specs as the lynksis, but its antennas are external and look detachable.

click here

My questions:
1) Are the antennas on this belkin router detachable?
2) Can you reccommend any other ADSL routers with the same specs as the Lynksis WAG160N, but with external antennas which I can replace (not more than £75)?

I would really appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Many thanks.

User-1229748 11:03 22 Nov 2009

are you using a wireless card or usb adapter because certain cards and adapters work better with certain routers where wireless n is concerned.may be worth looking up especially if you already have a card installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?