Best week for me on PCs ____

rdave13 20:05 06 Jun 2015
Answered

Firstly, this site's update is excellent. I do feel sorry for those who have difficulty with a white background, though.

Secondly, no issues whatsoever with apps to upgrade to 10.

Thirdly, with help from friends here, got Linux working on a defunct XP netbook. Thanks again.

Fourthly, HP flashed the EFI successfully. AMD CPU runs cooler. First time ever for me on any machine.

Now all I need is to win the lottery :)

compumac 20:42 06 Jun 2015

Sorry to spoil your week You will not be able to win the lottery tonight as it is my turn. Sorry.

rdave13 22:23 06 Jun 2015

compumac that's not fair. I want it all, as a famous rock group sang.... :)

compumac 08:33 07 Jun 2015

rdave13 Well I didn't get it!!!!!!!!

rdave13 10:13 07 Jun 2015

Neither did I :(

rdave13 19:46 28 Jun 2015
Answer

Got a fiver today on the Thunderball.

compumac 20:36 28 Jun 2015

I got one number!!!

bumpkin 21:28 28 Jun 2015

When I was about 25yrs old I had a lodger in my house also a friend. One day he was jumping with joy telling everyone he had hit the Jackpot on the Pools, everyone was at him wanting money or loans or help of some kind. He then said that he had made a mistake and entered the wrong coupon, a few days later he vanished and I have not seen him since. Good luck to the guy, I believe he did win.

bumpkin 21:42 28 Jun 2015

I owned the place and was there most of the time as unemployed. He would get the occasional visit from his girlfriend once or twice a week but he normally went to see her. Once he had said he had won the pools people were coming all the time like flies round a cows arsehole.

compumac 22:12 28 Jun 2015

Many, many years ago we used to buy the Birmingham University rag raffle tickets, but said that you never knew the winners and wondered if it was a fix. That year my friend won the first prize - a car and two other friends won runner up prizes!

So it is possible.

Nontek 22:45 28 Jun 2015

A couple of years ago, I won £2,500 Quid for five numbers (lucky dip) - had I got all six I would have won £4.4 million!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?