Best way to get ADSL upstairs?

MichelleC 15:45 09 Oct 2003

The main bt phone box is downstairs and I want to use b/b upstairs. I've been told running extension cable upstairs is no good as adsl signal won't carry. Do I have to get the bt engineer in to do it properly or is there another way?

padawan 15:48 09 Oct 2003

I`M USING A 25M EXTENSION CABLE FOR MY B/B. MY PC IS UPSTAIRS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

padawan 15:48 09 Oct 2003

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS. MY CAPS KEY IS SMASHED

anchor 15:51 09 Oct 2003

My main BT box is in the hall, and have fitted an extension cable up to my office upstairs. No problems at all with ADSL.

wags 16:32 09 Oct 2003

Ditto padawan and anchor.

clayton 16:38 09 Oct 2003

I have a filtered box from clarity & a cable running upstairs with no problem.

MichelleC 16:39 09 Oct 2003

Thanks for that guys. How to fit the filters? I've got 2, so do I put 1 downstairs (with 2 phones coming off it plus the extension, and have 1 upstairs coming from end of extension?

padawan 17:01 09 Oct 2003

I DIDN`T GET A PHONE EXT. CABLE. I GOT A 25M DSL CABLE AND RAN THAT FROM THE BT CONNECTION BOX IN THE HALL DOWNSTAIRS. THA WAY I ONLY USED ONE FILTER. PLUS IF YOU USE PHONE EXTENSION CABLE, THEN DSL CABLE, I DO BELIEVE YOU WILL BE PRONE TO PROBLEMS

padawan u need to hold down the shift key and caps lock to revert back to lower case....
if this dont help then i do have a disused keyboard you can have........

padawan 17:15 09 Oct 2003

THANKS FOR THE OFFER. THATS 2 IN 2 DAYS. HEY IF MY MARRIAGE GOES TITS UP DO YOU THINK SOMEONE WILL OFFER THEIR WIFE TO ME FOR FREE. EITHER THAT OR I HAVE NICE TOWLING BATH ROBE I CAN GIVE IN EXCHANGE

Jester2K II 17:18 09 Oct 2003

Got 2 clients who have telephone cables all over their houses to get ADSL upstairs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017