The best video software

peterleemaxwell 20:55 05 Dec 2007

Could anybody advise on the best software I need to copy old Video 8 tape captured via firewire to PC and then copied to DVD disc. No whistle and bangs just straight copying. Thanks.

eedcam 23:05 05 Dec 2007

Not clear if you already have it on dvd if so so Just use nero Or download this freebie Imgburn
click here providing your dvd is in proper dvd format it will copy it

If however this is actually what you want to do and its not yet on dvd then use
Windows movie maker which you have if you have xp and firewire . To get it onto dvd you need to Capture the movie then save to my computer . when you get to the movie settings page tick other settings and choose dv-avi (that'll be about 13 G/byte per hours footage) once saved you can then burn iyt with nero or this freebie click here

peterleemaxwell 00:23 06 Dec 2007

Thanks eedcam, all I wish to do is transfer from tape to DVD in the quickest way without the 'edit'. Thanks for your advice.

eedcam 09:37 06 Dec 2007

Ok Peter then the second suggestion will do it once you get it on pc

peterleemaxwell 12:03 06 Dec 2007

eedcam I appreciate your help. Which software do you use to capture to PC? I have used 'Pinnacle' but have always just captured the clips I needed probably only a maximum of 5 Min's at a time and then 'edited'. I just want to total capture for the length of the tape, 1 hour. Space is not an issue. Would XP's Windows movie maker handle it? Hope to get a reply.

David4637 12:19 06 Dec 2007

WMM can not burn directly to a DVD. Only something like studio, can you edit, and burn directly to DVD. Other options including WMM require conversion S/W to get to DVD. David

peterleemaxwell 12:52 06 Dec 2007

Thanks David4637
Good advice. Have you captured just straight eg. 1 hour? As I said before when I edit for a 'film' I always capture in small sections of no longer than 5 min's. I have never captured for longer and wanted to know if there was any software that would handle this.

eedcam 13:52 06 Dec 2007

Peter I use adobe Premiere elements yes wmm sshould handle it just capture to it, as for burning David I explained how to get round that in wmm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?