Best Value Video Editing Software

Big Ben 11:29 24 Sep 2003

I have a small digital camera that takes video clips with sound, using the avi format.

Is there a cheap or free software i can use so that i can make VCD's of these videos and perhaps a few fancy effects?

MichelleC 11:43 24 Sep 2003

The best free one is Tmpgenc at click here which is v g. You'll convert the avi (or dv in editing suite) to mpeg1 for vcd's. If you get hooked (like we do)on dv editing there's a great kit for circa £70 ScreenBlast Movie Studio click here which is rock solid (and I've tried a lot). Another free dv editor is VirtualDub click here

Have fun.

pj123 12:19 24 Sep 2003

Haven't used it myself yet but on the November issue of PC Advisor is NTI CD-Maker Deluxe, The Complete and Easy CD Burning Solution, Back up your Files, Share Photos and Video, Make the Most of your Music. Might be worth a try for the cost of a Magazine.

kinger 12:45 24 Sep 2003

Don't bother. I purchased the full version of NTI CD-Maker Deluxe and found it slow, clunky and the odd annoying bug. I updated it and it was still bad.

I gave it away to a friend only for him to return it saying it was very weak.

I have since given it to a school fete, where it did't sell so it's in the jumble sale box now.

Belatucadrus 13:21 24 Sep 2003

Video Editing :- Zwei Stein click here

pj123 13:48 24 Sep 2003

kinger, have now tried it and agree with you. All I get is error messages. So, back to Nero Burn then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone