Best Value Dial Up ISP?

webber_man 14:26 04 Jul 2005

Hi, im looking ion behalf of a mate for a good value dial up service. He's can't currently get BB so is stuck with dial up.

I have been looking at a few and a couple of packages here don't seem too bad - click here

Trouble is ive been with Pipex BB for ages now and so am a little out of touch with dial ups!

Can anyone recommend any decent ISP's that have packages like uk24.net that do not charge to your phone line but charge to a debit/credit card instead?

Thanks.

Indigo 1 15:47 04 Jul 2005

Try Tesco.com

My father uses it and he says that it only costs £6 per month for unlimited access between 2am and 4pm (I think that's right), peak times are metered and charged accordingly.

Diodorus Siculus 15:56 04 Jul 2005

click here - that is what I used to use before going on to BB. £9.99 / month for 42 hours which was more than enough.

Diodorus Siculus 15:57 04 Jul 2005

That's 42 hours / week.

webber_man 16:32 04 Jul 2005

Thanks. I like the look of their services - but not the fact there is a "Payment of a further non-optional annual subscription of £60.00 (to be paid in monthly instalments of £5.00) entitles you to receive an annual internet use training manual".

I'll keep looking.

Thanks again

Napster 2005 17:27 04 Jul 2005

Please move to consumer corner

Daline 18:03 04 Jul 2005

I have recently used Wanadoo and Tiscalie. Wanadoo is free apart from phone calls and Tiscali costs a bit but you an use the accelerator provdied free on CD from Post Office

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?