Best Spyware query

gel 07:19 03 Nov 2009

Hi
I currently use free Superantispy and free Spyware blaster

Is there anything better ?

Free if possible

gel

Technotiger 08:24 03 Nov 2009

You are already using what many forum members here are using. If you really wanted you could add MalwareBytes Anti Malware and perhaps Ad-Aware free.

gel 10:02 03 Nov 2009

Thank you Technotiger
Gel

RobCharles1981 10:52 03 Nov 2009

Could of saved this trouble by using the "Search Forum" at the top right hand page.

DieSse 11:46 03 Nov 2009

I use Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D. Spybot still finds things Malwarebytes doesn't.

Well in the last scan Spybot found one thing - Malwarebytes found nothing, to be exact.

Very little gets past Eset Security Suite anyway!

bjh 11:52 03 Nov 2009

I'd add another vote for Malwarebytes. That with Superantispyware seem to catch anything and everything. I think it's worth having a pair, as the updates come unevenly - what one might have been updated to find, the other may lag behind for a couple of days. Always ensure they have updated before a scan!

There are many "fake" or useless antispyware apps out there, pedalled on very genuine-looking review sites, so I wouldn't download just anything for a try.

Some of the other reasonable antispyware stuff comes & goes; good for six months, then bad for a year, then good again. These two always seem to knock around the top three or four, and consistency like that is worth paying for.... Oh, but they're free!!! ;-)

Rob: always worth getting an up-to-date view on a security issue. And a polite questioner will always get a response from me! gel says "thanks", gel gets answers!

gel 12:33 03 Nov 2009

Thank you for all your responses.
The reason for looking for an up to date response is so that a newcomer to the forum may see the question and it may help them as it did me when I was new to the world of Computers
Most of my PC knowledge has come from this forum and although I am still learning the contributions from forum members is crucial to my computers well being
Thanks again
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?