BEST SOUNDCARD FOR SURROUND SOUND SPEAKeR SET-up

frogzz 21:45 02 May 2007

hey guys disaster on the soundcard front. I need to play my surround sound creative inspire T6100 ... All the speakers at once!

I bought the creative live 5.1 soundcard with no software (silly me) hence it refuses to play all my speakers at once. So i've given up on it totally.

Im not much of a gamer but like my guitar and sometimes record. so armed with this info maybe you can give me some info too...

What's the best I can get for around the £30 mark ebay or otherwise that will play them... Im not buying one without the software cd this time.

cheers

Technotiger 21:50 02 May 2007

Hi, at that price you won't do much better than this ...

click here

frogzz 22:28 02 May 2007

will that do what I need it to do?

Technotiger 22:42 02 May 2007

Yes, I reckon it will in fact do more than that. The software is great - I have an earlier version!

Technotiger 22:47 02 May 2007

Or if you really want the full monty ...

click here

find it at a pretty good price on ebay.

frogzz 23:19 02 May 2007

Thanks technotiger....

is this it? click here

Will it be compatable with my motherboard?: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7V8X-X REV 1.xx

Stuartli 23:42 02 May 2007

Going back to your original thread, have you actually downloaded and installed the drivers and software for your SoundBlaster Live!

Remember that you can also configure the speakers setup i.e. 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 etc from Sounds and Audio Devices.

Stuartli 23:44 02 May 2007

See:

click here

regarding configuring surround sound systems.

frogzz 23:48 02 May 2007

I have yeah but I didn't use them as i was provided with a cd that did it for me. the soundcard works fine. Like i've been saying though I need all my speakers to work. I have tried to configure my speaker set up by selecting advanced speaker settings but that does nothing. It's something that cannot be fixed im afraid simple as that.

frogzz 23:50 02 May 2007

just looked at your link. i'm well beyond doing that and it doesn't work like i said in the post above

Technotiger 07:06 03 May 2007

Yes, the X-Fi is the one with all the knobs and whistles, I don't know if it will be compatible with your mobo. Nor do I understand why it is going so cheap - these are normally about £250. The one I had in mind on my second link has already been sold, but that does not surprise me, it was only £39.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?