The best site for free “cloud” storage?

Triprajul 10:40 13 Apr 2014

Greetings:

I need to back-up my files in the safest possible way. Also, I travel a great deal so I need access to these files at all times. I have been told that the best possible way is to use “cloud” storage. If true, can anyone recommend to me the best site for “free” cloud storage? By the way, I mean “free” and also gives you the most “free” storage in gigabytes or whatever. Any advice/help given is greatly appreciated.

Woolwell 11:53 13 Apr 2014

I've used Dropbox, Google Drive, the MS offering Skydrive and iCloud. For me Dropbox is the best for accessing files.

I query why you are not willing to pay. The free Dropbox is good but if you have a number of documents and go above 2Gb, access whilst travelling is important, etc then I would have thought that it would be worthwhile paying something. You tend to get what you pay for.

Of course cloud access is only any good if you have a connection. You will need to make sure that wherever you are that you can get wifi, etc and reliably too. If using mobile data then you have to factor in the cost of that too.

I would have a portable hard drive too.

sammii987 10:09 14 Apr 2014

I was only looking at this the other day. There are so many options for managed cloud service solutions. I wasn't aware you could do so much on a cloud. If you want to get your head around it. Its worth a read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?