Best programme for joining separate tracks of a mix cd together.

tintinuk67 17:18 15 Jan 2012

What's the best programme for joining separate tracks of a mix cd together?

I have been using Audiograbber, which worked perfectly, but now it still leaves a gap between the tracks for some reason.

I've tried a load of free downloads recently but they all leave a slight gap, which is annoying.

Anybody got any suggestions or better programmes?

KRONOS the First 17:53 15 Jan 2012

Have you tried this? Join.

tintinuk67 19:01 15 Jan 2012

Yep, still leaves a gap.

octal 19:29 15 Jan 2012

Have you tried Audacity? I know you can remove gaps from tracks with it, I'm not sure if it will do what you want, might be worth a try.

Covergirl 12:07 16 Jan 2012

Yes, Audacity will do it, but it's a clart . . . .

Plus you'll have to separately download and install the MP3 conversion program - it's open source so not as joined up as commercial software.

First, load up (Open)) your first track, I presume it's MP3. Then load (Open) your 2nd track and when it's on screen Ctrl-A to select all. Ctrl-C to copy, then go back to your first track, press End which will take you to the end of the first track, then Ctrl-V to paste your 2nd track on the end of your first track.

Then you'll need to drag the cursor between 2 points in your compiled track which will highlight the section, then press Delete to remove the unwanted portion which should be the portion between the end of the first track and the beginning (or first beat) of the 2nd track.

So in plain english, copy the 2nd track onto the end of the 1st and delete any gaps then save as MP3. Obviously, getting the beat to be continuous without a stutter is a skill you may have to master.

ton 19:17 16 Jan 2012

Goldwave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?