best option for..

iqs 18:25 21 Nov 2006

Hi,What is the best way to remove WMP 9 completely please.

Thanks,IQS

WIN XP

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:32 21 Nov 2006

You can go into the add/remove windows components and un-check the media player box. this will disable any function of media player, and although it might not remove it it will stop it's functionality
click here it involves removing SP2 and personally I would not bother with all the faffing around...just use winamp or similar...'Windows Media Player is an integral part of Windows itself. It's used in Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and with pretty much every other part of Windows that uses media. Even if you were to uninstall it all the way, you'd likely not be happy with the way the system ran after that, because many things would no longer function properly.'

G

Miké 18:34 21 Nov 2006

click here not free though!

iqs 18:43 21 Nov 2006

Hi GANDALF <|:-)>
Thank you for the quick reply.I considered un-checking the WMP option via add/remove windows components,and also un-installing from add/remove programs.But WMP is not listed?.

But like you said 'Windows Media Player is an integral part of Windows itself',hence the request for advice first.

Is it possible to install WMP 10 over WMP 9?,or up-date 9 to 10 .I would like WMP 11 ,this version require SP2 which I don't have installed.

Many thanks fro your help.Cheers,IQS

iqs 18:44 21 Nov 2006

Thanks Miké for the link.Cheers,IQS

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:48 21 Nov 2006

You have to tick the box at the top of add/remove that has 'show updates' but this will only revert back to an earlier version which may be better. You can disable WMP by clicking on 'add/remove windows components' and unchecking WMP.

G

iqs 18:59 21 Nov 2006

thanks GANDALF <|:-)>

Joe R 19:06 21 Nov 2006

iqs.

you can download wmp11 here. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?