Best online shop sitebuilder solution anyone?

erkmatrix 15:38 11 Sep 2004

Hi I'm on the look out for a decent online shop solution to get my business online and start selling worldwide. I've come across EROL 3 which looks good and actinic.co.uk which also looks ok.

Can anyone who has used either of these two or know of a better piece of software to create a reasonable online shop which allows you to customize the pages how you want.

I've got up to £500 to spend really put could spend more If I had to I guess.

Cheers
Phil

AndySD 19:42 11 Sep 2004

Some hosting pacages may well have what you want as part of their package likr click here

delboy711 14:14 12 Sep 2004

Give Zen Cart a try
click here

Its Open Source so you customise it as you wish
(assuming you are good at php)

Icemanrik 16:23 13 Sep 2004

Have a look on jshop.com its great just starting to use it for a shop i am creating at the moment. ITS WELL WITHIN YOUR BUDGET!

erkmatrix 12:08 14 Sep 2004

It sounds good Icemanrik but just wondering if it will be exactly what I'm looking for as its alot cheaper than EROL 3 or Actinic prices and just wondering what features it doesn't have, must admit the the examples of sites look just as good. Did have a look at something called shopfactory and they were charging something around £500 and looked so very basic so I guess price sometimes may not be something I should judge a package for. I look into the trial and see what I can do with it, thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks also to Delboy and Andy for their advice but not quite what I'm looking for the webfusion at £500 every year does seem slightly on the pricey side, I mean once the site is built and everything surely then you only need hosting costs and won't be needed anything near £500 hosting fees a year, I hope not anyway .

erkmatrix 16:32 14 Sep 2004

just had a go with jshop and found it just rather basic I could design better pages in frontpage so realize thats why its cheaper than actinic which I guess is the best on the market.

AndySD 23:15 14 Sep 2004

I have used Actinic and it is a good system. If you need to customise it past a basic level then its tough to do but there are instructions out there.

erkmatrix 09:28 15 Sep 2004

Hi Andy do you know of any good tutorials to help me make the site looking past basic level.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?