best micro atx motherboards ?

always learning 10:30 26 Jun 2004

good day,I am running xp home edition with athlon xp 2400, .266,artic fan and 400w psu and sdram.
my case is a midi with micro atx form factor. I want to change my motherboard,msi 6340v5, for a new one using ddr ram using my existing bits and pieces except for new ram.As a senior citizen I dont want an expensive board. I am based in UK.
As always really appreciate the help you guys give me. regards Dave always learning

Gongoozler 10:42 26 Jun 2004

Hi Dave. I really can't recommend any micro atx boards because I think they are always a compromise with limited expansion potential. However I recently fitted an Asus A7V8X-X click here, and except for the quality of the onboard sound (which is no worse than other boards onboard sound) I think it is a superb board at a very reasonable price. There is a micro ATX version of this board, the Asus A7V8X-MX/SE, click here.

Kalb 12:08 26 Jun 2004

Dave I've used an MSI KM4M-L which PCW were/are selling off quite cheaply...it's OK and suitable for an Athlon but a bit limited with only three PCI & two Memory slots but its got USB front & rear connections,sound OB, round cable connections etc...worth a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?