Best Internet security for Vista

Yorkie156 12:45 08 May 2007

Hello could anybody shed any light on the following. I am searching for a suitable Anti Virus and Firewall for windows vista. I tried loading McAffee internet suite 8 and it was having none of it. I have heard Norton 360 is a good answer but correct me if I am wrong it slows your system down. I am unsure how effective Windows own firewall is on this system does anybody have any ideas. Thanks in advance

aortic 12:51 08 May 2007

Hi Yorkie,

I have norton av on my machine running vista premium , as this is the only one i've tried i'am not sure if my recomendations are of any worth..but i have been useing it since xmass and i have not had one fault it stops everything before it hits your pc , as for making your pc slower , mine loads pretty quick and if this is slow it will do me its the security i'am after

Kate B 12:53 08 May 2007

I'm using AVG Free with Vista and it's fine.

Muzz_former_aol_employee 12:53 08 May 2007

I run McAfee Internet Security 2007/v9 with just Anti Virus and Firewall. Not the fastest but no performance decrease once its loaded or when playing games.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:07 08 May 2007

I would suggest AVG free and spyware terminator. I have put them on quite a few Vista machine and they run perfectly. They also cost nothing.

G

Probabilitydrive 13:16 08 May 2007

I'm waiting for my Vista system and have spent some time finding out facts about Vista and security issues:
click here
click here
I definitely include Acronis 10 click here
as Plan B (C,D,E rolled all into one..)
click here
For more info on a variety of security suits go to
click here and use the drop down menu for reviews on a number of suits.

Probabilitydrive 13:19 08 May 2007

suits=not the one of the mob variety...;-) but should read suites.

the old man 13:26 08 May 2007

have you been to the mcafee website and downloaded the suite again which includes the vista patch. However, having said that I have not been able to get it working on my system as I think there was something left on my system which has now caused the glitch. I have been back to the site and downloaded twice but have the same problem.
I now use avg and firewall plus. Will get hold of spyware terminator tonight.

rawprawn 14:04 08 May 2007

Like Kate B, I am using Avast Free and Vista's own Firewall. No problems at all, and they cost nothing.

Kate B 14:59 08 May 2007

Erm, I'm using AVG, not Avast ;-)

rawprawn 15:18 08 May 2007

Erm, sorry I will inctrease my Font size!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?