best graphics card for gaming????

vanfish 10:23 05 Jul 2008

which is best for gaming

MarvintheAndroid 11:31 05 Jul 2008

PCI Express or AGP motherboard ? Budget ?

Marv

PeteStarr 12:07 05 Jul 2008

If you want the best then it must be PCI-E socket surely?

I think the very best you can buy is the Nvidia 9800GTX. I don't know if the 9800GX2 counts as its basically 2 8800GT's strapped together? At this time i haven't read about the newest cards from nvidia so they may be faster still. However the really high end cards increase in price hugely for little gain in framerate.

I would still opt for an 8800GT though, still pretty near top of the range and very good value for money. Prices should be around £120-130.

vanfish 22:08 05 Jul 2008

im going pci for new card
ive got a agp now a radeon 1650x
what a really need to know i what card should i go for any help choosing would be great full
best card for gaming
i was going for 2x 8800gt in sli but i was told by shop .the the latest radeon card would beat two 8800gt in sli. now im lost what to go for ?????
i guessed two cards in sli would be better than one ?????

thanks for your help lads
vanfish

citadel 22:29 05 Jul 2008

some games are slower in sli or crossfire, plus there are driver issues. you may get better framerates than a single card if you are getting a large monitor but if you are getting a 22" or less one really good card is best.

vanfish 22:48 05 Jul 2008

that is a great reply m8
the tech guy phoned and told me about driver issues with two cards and told me to get one and save money i did nt know if he was just trying me to get a crap he said get a 8000 series ati
im a call of duty 4 player so best card for that??/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?