Best fax modem when connected to broadband

alfieb 22:48 03 Aug 2004

Our current fax modem on our PC is Conexant SoftK56 Modem(M) running on Windows XP. We recently went over to Broadband with our local cable supplier, Telewest, and we no longer seem to be able to use the fax (The fact we can't find the original floppy that came with it doesn't help either). I have just tried to find the drivers but admit to being confused whether I can download them as there is a "Download at your own risk" warning to the side of the screen. I think when the modem was fitted we were operating on Windows 98. Before I download does anyione know which one is best. The site I went to is click here as this seems to be the only one that came to life after a search on Yahoo.

harps1h 23:01 03 Aug 2004

was the modem working on xp before you got bb. also as far as i know you have to connect to the net using the modem to enable you to use the fax facility. i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

hillybilly 23:10 03 Aug 2004

If you are using any fax software it will have to go out through analouge fax/modem card. This will not work without the drivers and it does not have to have a internet connection to use the fax.

All these download sites give a warning just to cover themselves, but as previously asked were you using the this fax modem with xp before you had b/b?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?