Best Choice Printer.

Fat Cat 16:45 24 Feb 2003

I'm looking for a printer for general purpose work. Mainly documents (mainly black text.) I don't usually print a lot of them at one go.

Very occasionally print stuff off internet
and once in blue moon print from digital camera
(need decent reproduction but speed doesn't matter).

Finally, would like to be able to print on both sides of paper without reloading.

Have HP 970 CXi at moment but its reliability is sh*t and it drinks ink like an alcoholic drinks spirits. This last point is a serious one as although I don't print a lot,the cartridges never last more than two minutes !!!!

What should I go for ?

stlucia 17:05 24 Feb 2003

If two-sided printing is important to you, it puts you into a completely different league than I'm experienced with.

Otherwise, I have both Canon and Epson and would recommend one of their basic "photo" models with separate black cartridge.

rct 17:19 24 Feb 2003

I'd be inclined to go for a Laser Printer such as the Samsung ML4500 (~£70) or ML1210 (~£100) and buy a separate photo printer from Epson.

A laser can't be beaten for quality or cost per page... working out to be around 1p/page even with these cheap models.

Pesala 19:25 24 Feb 2003

I don't think you will find duplex printers much cheaper than than. It doesn't sound like your printing needs justify spending more than £150 on something like an Epson Stylus C70/C80, a good general purpose inkjet printer with high quality colour, and modest running costs with compatible cartridges.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?