best budget pc buy for the whole family to enjoy?

jms1968 00:26 13 Nov 2004

total novice and un educated!
I need to buy a pc for the family. really am lost for what is the best option.
kids play online tibia game so need decent speed and graphics. Help please its a mine feild!!!!!

johnnyrocker 00:44 13 Nov 2004

you could have a look at click here they will build to what you require,

johnny

kev.Ifty 01:28 13 Nov 2004

Decide first of all how much you have to spend! Then decide what accessories you may need for your new computer.

I would look at getting a computer that has a DVD writer that is + & - R so as to support both formats. If you are going to use a Joystick and you have a Digital camera, then some USB Ports on the front of the tower may be easier than fiddling around the back of your system. (the more USB2 port's the better)

A CTR Monitor is cheaper than a TFT, the Kids will probably prefer a bigger screen to play their games. Will they need a printer?(for homework etc). Dont forget some speakers, so they can play their downloaded music.

Tesco have a system for about £480 that has a printer and all the bits.

The main thing is to set your budget and stick to it. :-)

Kev.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:50 13 Nov 2004

Go to PCWorld, select a model for around £600 (compaq or emachine), take it home, unpack, enjoy.

G

TomJerry 10:16 13 Nov 2004

there are a few options £699, £999 or £1099, all of them are fine. Kids can try themself first.

£999 one will keep all of you satisified for a few years, great TFT screen for gaming click here

TomJerry 10:23 13 Nov 2004

may be you could increase that to £700, every model in PCworld between £600 to £700 are fine, go down there all together and find one every like.

Or find one, and come back here to ask people's opnions.

stylehurst 10:52 13 Nov 2004

Try Novatech, they cater for all budgets & their tech people are very helpful, if you explain what you want & your budget they will make recommendations without trying to rip you off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone