Best Broadband only deals?

hiwatt 14:07 29 Jan 2015

Hi folks My mum got an ipad and she's looking to get broadband for home.She doesn't require or need a phone line. What is the best deal she can get for broadband only? Virgin media are the only providers who do broadband without a phone line but for new customers it is £28.50 a month which seems a wee bit excessive to me? Is there anyone here who has broadband only and could reccommend who to go with? TIA

mart7 20:40 29 Jan 2015

Cant recommend any but there's a list of available deals here

click here

mart7 21:41 29 Jan 2015

Didnt read properly these are broadband and phone deals

mart7 21:44 29 Jan 2015

Broadband only here

click here

Ian in Northampton 10:16 30 Jan 2015

Um - I may have misunderstood here but, whether she needs a phone line for a phone or not, she'll still need a phone line (or some other physical connection to the network) to get broadband. She'll need to pay line rental, even if she doesn't want the phone call package that often comes (is offered) with it.

Jollyjohn 11:29 30 Jan 2015

You could buy a SIM card and data package. Would need to be in a good coverage area so check this out.

mart7 14:17 30 Jan 2015

Jock 1e

Yes vmedia is going up by about £6 if I remember correctly what the operator said when I was trying to negotiate a new deal,I'm out of contract and all I was offered was £7 off my monthly bill for 12months

kiwilondon 09:50 04 Feb 2015

try click here this help

does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?