Best audio recording software please?

buel 23:12 19 May 2010

Hi, please can anyone tell me is there any recommended software that will record the audio from a BBC iplayer programme i watched? I dont want the whole audio clip, just a short snippet (which im sure they wouldn't mind)
Any ideas please?
Thank you!!

northumbria61 23:46 19 May 2010

Can't comment on the legalities but here is a list of FREE downloads for you to pick from and try.

click here

AUDACITY is one of the recommended one's from CNet downloads.

click here

eedcam 05:29 20 May 2010

as said Audacity should be capable of recording any audio playing on the pc.Remember the show is only available for 7 days without going into detail if you dont think you can manage it in time,feel free to PM me with the show details and I should be able to help

buel 22:50 20 May 2010

a HUGE thank you to both of you, i really appreciate it!!

buel 23:03 20 May 2010

Hi again, i've just tried Audacity and the playback sounded very 'far away', if that makes sense?

theDarkness 23:09 20 May 2010

after recording, if the sound is too low normalise it in audacity (effect > normalise) to amplify it automatically

buel 23:12 20 May 2010

Hi there, unfortunately the 'normalise' moption is greyed out?

theDarkness 23:14 20 May 2010

if that doesnt work well, u may have to increase the 'sound recording' volume (control panel > sound and audio devices in windows, or your soundcards own recording options itself-if you have one).

theDarkness 23:15 20 May 2010

did you select the entire file before trying the normalise option?

theDarkness 23:16 20 May 2010

edit > select all

buel 23:32 20 May 2010

Hey thanks, i needed to select all, i did this then normalised...but still very poor! However, i will try the other options you mentioned tomorrow, thank you again!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017