Benchmarking Vista PCs

Heefie 11:08 13 Oct 2009

A friend of mine asked me to look at her PC as it was running very slowly. I deleted a few things, defragged, did the usual Housekeeping stuff, but she still thinks it is slow and is comparing it to her Laptop, which she says is blindingly fast in comparison. I haven't yet got over to compare processors & memory, but in the meantime, is there some free Benchmarking software I can download that I can give her to run so we at least have a starting point ?!?

If not free, then what are my options ?!?

Thanks in advance ...

Kevscar1 13:09 13 Oct 2009

The search engine is your friends

click here

Heefie 13:58 13 Oct 2009

Thanks, I'll take a look, but unfortunately when I tried this before I got half a dozen that were restricted until you paid, some that were for Graphics cards only, some that weren't even BenchMarking programs ... I was hoping that somebody here, of all places, would have experience of such a thing and could make some recommendations ...

Heefie 20:40 21 Oct 2009

Anybody have any recommendations ?!?

woodchip 22:12 21 Oct 2009

PC Pitstop is what I use I am posting the Google link as if I post the Pitstop one it does not work. You have to Register as you do with PCA all the scans on the left of the site, it tells you where the bottle neck is

PS you do not need to download software, but you do need to use IE click here to run them

I am Spartacus 00:25 22 Oct 2009

The CustomPC Benchmark is pretty thorough click here Warning it's a hefty download. It does test image editing, video rendering and multitasking.

I have results from various Intel CPUs at different clock speeds for comparison if required.

Heefie 13:56 22 Oct 2009

... thank you both, I'm going to check both of these options out now ... I'll let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?