Benchmark Settings

BeesFan 00:00 09 Jul 2003

Can anyone point me in the right direction for what settings PCPro use on their 3dMark benchmark tests.

Ive just purchased one of the Dell A-list P4 machines and depending on whether I use 16bit or 32bit colour, there can be a huge difference I get from the one in the original review.

Im only asking in case there are some settings I havent got right in my new PC

Many Thanks

The Sack 00:05 09 Jul 2003

Depends what card you have but the way everyone else does it is to run the default benchie BUT turn all the tweaks off on the drivers.

Just go to the settings and turn owt off that hinders perfomance including the image quality on nVidia drivers, set it to best performance, you get the idea, i cant stress enough though that 3D mark must be run at its default settings as the morons on the futuremark forums take the mic something rotten without explaining things first.

BeesFan 00:14 09 Jul 2003

I did run 3DMark a few times with different Radeon 9800 settings but there was only a few hundred points diff either way.

The big diff was if I ran in 16bit colour in which I beat the PCPro figs (5977 against 5632) against 32 bit colour which was 2865!

Obviously if they run their tests in 16bit colour Ive nothing to worry about....but if they use 32 bit.....help!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?