The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress
Just a posting to show how I gained a meg of download speed. Usually speed was about 2.8 meg and now shows on average just under 4 meg; click here
We've the old type BT junction box, so no master socket, just a small white box and two extension boxes. Tried sticking on insulating tape on the two inner connections on the filter plugs but wouldn't work as when inserted to socket it gets torn. I didn't want to open the extension boxes and possibly cut the wrong wires and came across this; click here
Now I'm always 'fiddling' and noticed, scrolling down to the heading 'asdl killers', that it was possible to physically remove the two inner connections on the filter plug. These micro filters must have a small length of lead to try this.
So, using a watchmakers screwdriver (tiny), and my thumb as a lever, I got both inner connection brass connectors removed. Not easy at first but once you get the knack they pop out eventually. Force from back to front if you know what I mean. Make sure the damaged plastic partitions are bent back to shape and reconnect the filters.
After 24 hrs I gained 1 meg speed and has been steady.
Previous speed average; click here
Best advantage of trying this method is you don't have to remove any wires in the BT box and if it turns out to be the wrong connections removed (old BT wiring) then it only costs a new filter.
Cheap enough; click here , as an example.
Obviously only a benefit to those with BT wiring installed when Moses was just a child.. :)
My distance from the exchange is over a mile and a quarter following the cables and exchange not unbundled.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.