belkinF5D7231-4P router with print server no worky

icestation 19:24 03 Oct 2006

i recently posted about my router which supports a printer ,accept that it won't print! after many fruitless sessions of manual reading, and no joy from the belkin web site,i called the uk helpline which gets me straight through to india they then tell me its because ive got an all in one printer , if have a dedecated printer (no scanner etc) then its all systems go,this fact is not mentioned in the box or in the manual as far as i can see,pc world say they'll give me a refund but say it's news to them,has any one had this trouble

ade.h 23:23 03 Oct 2006

News to me too, but noted anyway. I have so far only used standalone print servers and I can't say that I have ever used one with an MFD, just inkjets and lasers.

Peants68 14:07 04 Oct 2006

Have you tried setting up your printer as network printer?

ade.h 15:25 04 Oct 2006

I think you are confusing this with a printer that is attached to one of the network cients; the whole point of a print server - either integrated or standalone - is avoiding the need for a client to act as a print host and thus be switched on whenever printing is required. Therefore, there is nothing to enable as a network printer when there is no local printer installation.

icestation 21:20 04 Oct 2006

belkin technical support have been on out of the blue. They decided that after there first diagnosis of 'it's the wrong printer'was a little hasty.The tech guy based in india directed me to manually install the port,so it can work but apparently these routers are printer fussy.So full marks to the raj ,faith in belkin,restored.

ade.h 21:43 04 Oct 2006

Noted. Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?